A police officer must have probable cause to make a traffic stop in an DUI investigation. In Metro Nashville Davidson County’s DUI testing report commonly referred to as a 132 report it lists several reasons for a traffic stop.They are:
- Crossing center dividing line
- Failure to obey traffic signals
- Swerving within the roadway
- equipment violations such as driving without headlights
- Vehicle driving off roadway
The reason for the traffic stop is the first thing an experienced DUI lawyer investigates.