I ran across a great article from the folks at techno lawyer . Nicole Black wrote an excellent article that listed 15 ways to be a happy lawyer . Lawyers especially criminal defense lawyers lead stressful lives and need to consider a healthy balance between work and their personal life. Here is the list ;
1. Make your work environment more ergonomic.
2. Create a peaceful, calming work environment.
3. Foster an office environment that encourages cooperation and communication.
4. Streamline your work processes.
5. Practice law on your terms.
6. Tweak your practice to make it more enjoyable.
7. Change your career track.
8. Carefully choose your clients.
9. Take care of yourself.
10. Find the right balance between work and the rest of your life.
11. Create a mobile practice.
12. Take control of your schedule.
13. Know when to hire help
14. Take advantage of technology
15. Refrain from taking on too much
Nicole Black will be posting about these 15 ways over the next few months . I intend to write about a few of them as well. Here is the link to the blog if you want to read Ms. Black’s thoughts on the subject.