Is the breath test machine reliable in Nashville driving under the influence (DUI) cases ? Let’s ask the folks in Washington D.C. The Washington Post reported that over 400 DUI convictions were based upon inaccurate results.The Post reported that someone improperly set the baseline alcohol concentration levels on the breath test machine.Is there problems happening in Nashville DUI cases ?
The answer is unclear due to the following reasons :
- The breath test machine is calibrated once every 90 days.
- It is calibrated only once at that test.
- There is not a duplicate test.
- Criminal defense attorneys have not been allowed access to the computer software that controls the breath alcohol test machine.
- There is no duplicate testing of the breath test results as suggested by the National Safety Council.
So, the answer is who knows.However there are a bunch of people who were falsely convicted of driving under the influence (DUI) in Washington D.C. that don’t think so.